I am Me

...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Because I woke up so early...

I have decided to share this LO with you. (don't look at the time stamp below, I've been up since 7:30 & yes, it's a big deal for me. I went to bed @ 1:30.) I did make this LO Saturday, but since I shared my cards yesterday, I didn't want to over power the post (plus, a LO in a Card-dom post wouldn't make sense.) On to the LO:

I loOove colors! A nice color can change my mood. Pink makes me feel flirty, blue makes me cheerful and sarcastic, green makes me mellow but happy... Black and white make me think of funerals. Atleast when I wear them. Shoes don't really count since nothing else really matches. But shirts and socks? They need to be colorful (socks... ahhh, I have way too many pairs. Although, this dryer seems to be eating some of my favorites...). So I feel the same way when it comes to... everything. It's not that I don't like black LO's, but I will try to break it up with some bright color. Now this LO is mostly because I made those 3 flowers and didn't know where else to put them. Wait, no, I did know I wanted to use them on a scrapbook.com challenge, but I wasn't sure on which one. Well it fell to one of my favorite monthly ones; the no patterned paper challenge. I think it's one of the most inspiring challenges. Patterned paper is everything to a scrapper, and to limit it to only cardstock and everything else is wonderful...


Why the title? I don't know. It just popped into my brain, and since I don't have many inks, I was forced to do this title by hand. I just made sure to make some lines in order to keep the letters relatively the same size and even. (Maybe someone can give me acrylic stamp tips. My ink beads up, and when stamped, doens't look too dark. Anyone? No? Maybe next time...)



I love these flowers. You can find the tutorial HERE. They are really easy to make. Although, I would suggest to run a tubular object around the spiral in the direction you're going to be rolling it. Only because it makes the paper easier to roll without the flower boxing up. I use my glue stick...

Now the background was very easy. I used a pencil eraser dipped into paint. Since I have so many pencils (necessary for pre-calculus), I didn't mind ruining one eraser. It was easy to wipe off and go on to the next color. One dip into a thicker acrylic paint gave me about 3 blobs. I say thicker because the yellow was a bit runny so I had to re-dip for every blob.

Well... I think I'm done. Phew, that tuckered me out... shame I can't take a nap now...

Thanks for stopping by!
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment