I am Me

...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Venturing into Card-dom

It's the weirdest thing. I can't make nice cards. I don't consider myself an amaaaaazing scrapper, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting better, and that I can atleast get an "it's nice" outta people. But cards? Eh. I don't know what it is about them, but I can never find a way to make them nice. I have lots of pretty papers, but when they get put on the card, something's not right. I wonder if this is where the massive amounts of embellishments come in to play, like the flowers, buttons, tags, etc... I don't have a lot of those in my stash. I don't really like them (cringe). I know, it's crazy. But I don't think they'll always match what it is I want. & it's just not my style. I don't like a bunch of things on one page. I like negative space mostly.

Now, it's not like I've never made cards, I have. I do. But I'm not into them too much, even after they are made. So this weekend, I decided to start going through my scrap stash. (Now, here's where my OCD takes effect. I sorta organize my scraps. I make sure that they are cut into rectangles, and I put them together with their matching papers. Now that's just the smaller, not 12" width papers, that's another post... So these scraps are smaller, easier to put in a box to have handy for anything. Yea, I'm weird.) Well I decided to use some scrapbook.com inspiration. There's a challenge to make a card with black, white, orange, green or purple, but atleast three of those colors. Then the other one is to create a patterned paper flower. So here they are:

This one is for the color card challenge. I stuck with black, white, a bit of green and orange. Originally, this card had another flower on it. but I was doodling some spiderwebs and really wanted to use it. So I swapped out the other flower and used the web as the back layer. Which was then the inspiration for this one:



I just used different layers to make this flower. I also folded them at the corners so it would stand out a bit more...



Here's a bit of a close up. I also folded the leaves a bit. One of them kinda stuck out of the paper, but it's o.k.



Now this lil guy, I love. I did a simple doodle. (I don't do well with stamps...) and I just lifted him with a bit of cardboard. If you look at the card, there's a web in the corner, with him coming down from it.

And that my dears was my card attempt for Halloween.

TTYL TFL LOL!
Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment