I am Me

...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cousins. & more than that... friends

This layout is for my cousins wife (right) Diana and her cousin (left) Julieth. This picture was taken some time this summer when Diana was able to go back to her town and visit. I love this picture. I think it's so nice to be able to have someone you can be so close with and donate a kidney to...

Ready for some close-ups?

Here we have a butterfly that I cut out on my own. I tend to do that a lot. I have a Cricut, but I can't pull it out for just a butterfly. Plus, I don't have that kind of space. So I cut out the first layer and inked the edges a bit so you can see it. I added a second layer and did the middle with some size 8.0 seed beads. Then I just put together a lollipop flower with a button and the embroidery floss. I add the floss before I stick down the button. Makes my life easier.


Now this little flower is one of my own creation. Listen, scrapbooking can be pricey. There are companies out there with beautiful flowers and I would love to be able to go and buy them all, but I can't. So sometimes you have to make your own. I did this with a 5-petal punch. One of these coming days I'll put up the tutorial. Plus, making your own, you can definately have something that matches!

Well that's all. I used the Recollections brand from Michael's. (I'm not getting any kind of money for saying that, I just thought you might wanna know).

I hope you liked!

Thanks for stopping by,
Bean


1 comment:

  1. Just saw this post. Love the flower. The LO is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete