I am Me

...

Saturday, December 11, 2010

'ello!

I need to set up a blog schedule. I suck & I'm sorry. But I do have something kind of cute for you today! I won't claim ownership of the idea because I'm most likely not the first to have done this. Although I can say, I haven't seeeeen it. But enough chatter, on to the fun stuff! (although, sometimes my chatter can be quiet entertaining. but i'm letting my nail polish dry).

This is how I start out a flower. Why? Because I haven't gone shopping, and taking out my cricut for one teeny little flower would annoy me.

Now divide into 5 (fairly) equal parts. I'm not perfect, and neither is this flower.

Start from the middle and draw a petal. Turn your paper for every petal, it helps them be of (fairly) equal size.
(like I said, I'm not perfect)

Now cut that bad boy out and grab:
-a glue stick (you want something thicker than liquid, not so smudgey)
-embroidery floss (I'm not using the high quality stuff, save if for your cross stitching)
-le button (because I want to re-learn french)
-a brad (for later use)

For the Flower Fluffery:

Take a glop of glue and smack it down on the middle of the flower. (is it in the middle? or on the middle, I had an issue)


(oh, and I won't give you a required amount of embroidery floss. it's going to depend on how much you want to fluff it up) (am I being to elusive with what we are doing?)

Begin with a loop, making sure to press the floss into the glue

Wherever the string lands, that is where you will make your next loop.

Don't argue with the string. It will fall where it wants, and that is where you will contine making loops. Eventually you will be turning the flower and getting loops in all directions.
You may or may not need more glue. It all depends on how much you salt your food. O.k., no, it doesn't, but you may have a heavier hand than some...

Grab le button and squish it on top of your loops (this is assuming you are satisfied with how many loops you have. If you're not, keep going. We can wait.........)

yay! you're done! (the making of the flower is unnecessary if you have your own flowers you want to use. & don't feel shy doing this on the back of your flower. I did. But that you'll see later)

For method with a brad of the Flower Fluffery:

Say hello to your brad. "Hi". (make sure to pick a color you want on your LO). This is a regular sized brad. I bought it from Oriental Trading. (Disclaimer, I ain't get no cash for that one).

Pull the brad legs apart. (diiirty!)

Pick up your floss and hold between your thumb and middle finger. (I'm a righty, so I picked it up with my left. It'll make sense in a minute.)

(pretty nail polish not necessary) (nor are the paint smudges on your fingers)

Do you see how the floss hangs? Cross it over to the right and bring it up and left, over your pointer finger, like this:

Cross through the middle to the right, and under your middle finger (this is why it's on the left, lots of right hand labor intensiveness).


Repeat these steps a few times


Now grab your brad, and slip the floss between the legs:



Hold the legs together and use your right hand to pull the floss off your fingers. Any other way will risk the unraveling of your floss. Once the floss is off, you can easily close the brad, making sure the floss is under the closure. Just take a look at another brad. You can use a pen to poke down the sides.

Gently pull apart the floss and attach to a flower.

I did this tutorial AFTER I made a page. I had needed a way to make the flowers I used a bit more...noticeable. So I sat for a bit, working on other stuff, when this idea came to my head. I haven't taken a good picture of my full layout, so here's a close up.

Thanks for stopping by! You are greatly appreciated.
-Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment