I am Me

...

Saturday, February 5, 2011

and she's on a roll!

buttered, please.
(sorry, I couldn't help the corny opportunity)

But I am back! yay! Are you proud of me Lisa?
So rather than do my lab homework, or my calculus homework, I felt the need to scrap. & scrap I did! On to the LO's!
(wait, before we get to the LO's, since it is a blog, I feel the need to vent. So today I had chemistry lab and this prof. mandates two things: 1. the lab manual. He will NOT accept photocopied labs. Boo. But fine. 2. Chemical splash proof goggles, which, if you have ever taken a chem lab, is a duh. Now, maybe it's because I've had lab before, but I knew this and I won't argue with it. But holy crapsicle sticks was there complaining and excuses and annoyances! There were more than 5 people without the goggles and the lab manual. You would not believe the amount of complaining and the size of the excuses; "I don't know whyyy i can't just copy them, waste of my money; I didn't get my financial aid check (but the iPhone made it to her house safetly); I'm wearing glasses;" yack yack yack! I think that college is lacking a level of maturity. But that is all I'm going to say about that. . . for now.) Now, on to the LO's!

This LO is called Happy Food Face, well, because it's the happy face my friend makes for food. Everything here is cosmo cricket. (This design is my interpretation of a sketch for the scrapbook.com cosmo cricket challenge) (yes, that was my disclaimer)


Isn't that little bugger cute? I cut it out from the paper or it would have ended up in the trash!

Here is another close-up. I am proud of my stacking embellies skills. I am working on them. The circles represent what were supposed to be buttons. But I wasn't sure if CC carries their own line of buttons and the LO is supposed to be 90% CC so I improvised.
(oh, and thanks to Delaina Burns, who made me realize that scalloped borders did not have to be of equal length or distance) (hopefully she has inspired you too).


 & just one last little butterfly to show you... Do you see the orange cardstock? That's the white cored DCWV, I think it's from the Brights stack... or maybe the Christmas stack... :sigh: I just use a nail file, starting from the edge to the middle in a circular motion.

This next bad boy isn't so bad. It's called "Sometimes, you can find Love in the strangest places".
Can you see the heart on the bottle? Well, one of the nurses in the ICU freaked out (happily) when she saw the heart. I think it was because of the way the light reflected in the room and through the bottle. It was just so nice to see it there, in a pt's room...

(there you go...)


Paint splatters and a doodled dragonfly... for the paint splatters, use a medium dry brush dipped in paint. Use your fingers to fan out the brush, which will make the paint fly off the brush (when I say splatter, I mean, almost everywhere. Dont load the brush!). Or you could use a toothbrush and scrape across the top; it will produce the same effect.


Here I doodled the title, the cloud and the little hearts. yay! Oh, duh, this was done for another challenge on scrapbook.com, caaaalled, take a guuuuess... the doodle challenge! I like doodling. It's very helpful when you don't have anything to match what you have... Or don't have anything to match your picture... at all...

Pretty heart and cloud! Also doodled by moi. (that's freeench, for "me") (I'm gonna learn how to speak russian) (random, i know...)


ick. This picture isn't lookin' so hot. Someone out there needs to teach me to take pics of my LO's. I might have to start scrappin in the day... O.k. So I am a hoarder. Not really but sorta. I see things and say "hey, I can use this on a LO..." (I usually don't answer myself). So I had this really sturdy clear plastic sheet that came in handy for this LO. I made a little flourish to bring your attention to the heart. I didn't crop the bottle because I wanted to convey where the "love" was. I hope it worked.


and I just felt like throwing in this card... The flower was from a flower swap. I thought it might be too big, but lo and behold, a wonderful fit...

How do you scrappers get inspired for a card? I can't get it. Some cards look soOooOoo nice, and I can't do it! I don't know if it's because I have yet to break my own idea of what a scrappy card should be... I think that's the trouble most new scrappers have. We all get stuck in the idea of what a card or LO should look like, that we can't just scrap our own style. I discovered that to be true in painting. I always wanted to do these elaborate, detailed gorgeous paintings, that I couldn't and would just frustrate myself and quit. But I recently said "eFF that" and just went with it. I ended up with some stuff I'm proud of. One of these days I'll post them. But I just wanted to get that out there...Scrap what you think is an awesome page!

O.k. I'm tired. Too much typing. Too many feelings. LOL
You guys are wonderful
thanks for reading.

<3 Bean
(this post has been [or will be] proofread by Lisa)
(you have been warned)

4 comments:

  1. What cool projects here... What an honor to be mentioned on your blog and I am happy I could help out. Afterall that's why we all share our creations....I am happy I inspired you. Thanks for the sweet recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very proud of you...blogging 2 days in a row AND scrapbooking. You must have really rested on that vacation. See you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your two layouts and card - they are all wonderfully done and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute LO's!!You have really nice artwork!! I just became a follower!!

    Come check out my blog : http://melissavettorel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete